The Prisoner is an audio drama series produced by Big Finish Productions and loosely based on the 1967-68 British television series The Prisoner.
Episode One: Departure and Arrival
A failed meeting in Belgium catalyses Agent ZM-73 to resign from his top secret post, but when he wakes the following morning everything has changed — even his name. Trapped in a bizarre coastal village, and with his every move monitored by the mysterious Number Two, the man now known as Number Six struggles to make sense of it all.
Episode Two: The Schizoid Man
Six finds himself fascinated by a strange bond which has suddenly developed between himself and Number Nine. But the next morning, Six wakes to find himself changed. A moustache, different hair, and… a new name. Number Twelve.
Episode Three: Your Beautiful Village
Something is very wrong, as Six experiences the most disturbing sense deprivation. Almost complete darkness, filled with haunting sounds, fragments of conversations, and a desperate call from Nine start to test his reason.
Episode Four: The Chimes of Big Ben
A new prisoner arrives in The Village. The woman is strong-minded, independent, and refuses to accept her new number — Eight. She is not a number, she is Nadia. And Six is convinced that she is his ticket out of The Village.
Cast and crew
- Mark Elstob ... Number Six
- John Standing ... Number Two
- Celia Imrie ... Number Two
- Ramon Tikaram ... Number Two
- Michael Cochrane ... Number Two
- Sara Powell ... Number Nine
- Helen Goldwyn ... Village Voice
- Sarah Mowat ... ZERO-SIX-TWO
- Jim Barclay ... Control/Old Captain/Cobb
- Barnaby Edwards ... Number 34/Danvers/Butler
- Jez Fielder ... Number 17
- Kristina Buikaite ... Number Eight
- Nicholas Briggs ... Conductor
- Box set photography ... Tony Whitmore
- Script Editor ... Jamie Anderson
- Executive Producers ... Jason Haigh-Ellery and Nicholas Briggs